Weekly Newsletter for Mr. McRae's 4th Grade & 4th Grade Reading Class
Week of September 17—21
steel steal lead led wait weight wear ware creak creek beet beat meet meat peek peak deer dear ring wring
VOCABULARY / CHALLENGE / REVIEW WORDS / INUPIAQ
conductor pour its —(r)tuNa
depot poor it's niGi—
jolting vain there qiniq—
lurching vein they're
platform vane their
• Houghton Mifflin Reading, Theme 1, Lesson 3
Reading Selection: "By The Shores of Silver Lake", Laura Ingalls Wilder
Comprehension Strategy: Question
Comprehension Skill: Noting details
Structural Analysis: Word roots tele and rupt
Grammar: Common Nouns
Writing: Prewriting a friendly letter
• HOMEWORK GUIDELINES
• Math and Reading homework on Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur
• Spelling is now included as part of Reading Homework
• Substitutions can be made if homework is lost or forgotten:
Math: a multiplication "times table"
Reading: 25 minutes of free reading, with a signed note from parent
HOMEWORK GUIDELINES (cont.)
• Homework is not counted in grade, but it does determine
Class Raffle eligibility!
• EDITOR'S CHOICE sentences from last week
I brush my hair in the bathroom.
Naomi brushed her hair 20 or more minutes.
My favorite juice is Kool-aid.
I am pumped for the game.
The wind blew me across the street.
You can tune a piano.
I told the truth, not a lie
My pencil is dull.
Business people have suitcases.
In the pirate ship there was a trunk of treasure.
She went down the tube.
• This week at Nome Elementary
TB Testing (Mon, Wed, Fri)
Vision Screening (Tu)
Hearing Screening (Wed)
Pictures for 4th Graders (Wed)
Picture make-ups on (Fri)